It’s the most wonderful time of the year — but it’s also the time to be careful with your surroundings! We at Morton Construction want your family to have a safe home. Check out these quick tips that will keep you celebrating for weeks to come.
- advice Oh, Christmas Tree Trees can be fire-risks – even if they are fake. Keep live trees well watered, and keep ALL trees at least 3 feet away from heat sources (fireplaces, heaters, radiators, and vents.)
- buy Provigil This Little Light of Mine Candles burn brightly – and quickly! While that lovely candle may provide beautiful ambience, it is also a fire source. Place all candles away from flammable materials like paper, draperies, pillows, and towels, and be sure to fully extinguish candles when you cannot monitor them.
- albendazole uk buy Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Lights are wonderful additions to your home at Christmas — but be careful about overdoing it! Follow all guidelines on the packaging and don’t overload your electrical outlets. Don’t forget to unplug the decorative lights before you leave home.
- Silver Bells Oh, those ornament and decorations are so festive this time of year! But watch out for broken shards and slippery tinsel that can make your floors hazardous.
- Up on the Housetop A roaring fire in the fireplace is lovely. Let’s keep in the fireplace, though, and not in your house or on your roof. Only add firewood to your fireplace, and dispose of wrapping paper and other items in another way. Don’t forget to have your chimney inspected and cleaned regularly.
- Frosty the Snowman While the winter weather can be beautiful on the outside for Frosty, we want to be warm on the inside. Keep your heating system running well with regular check-ups. Change your filters monthly!
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow Sadly, snow doesn’t last long indoors and often becomes troublesome water puddles. Don’t let this water damage your floors or cause a slip hazard. Quickly clean up any spills.
- I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas Gifts are nice, but sometimes the unexpected can be scary! Not every Christmas gift fits every person. Choose wisely for all ages — and avoid any challenges with someone getting hurt from a gift that was above their user-level. After all, not everyone really knows how to pet a hippo, right?
- Now Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding We’d hate for your kitchen to be ruined because you forgot about the cookies — or the figgy pudding — in the oven. Set timers when cooking, and keep a fire extinguisher that you know how to use in your kitchen.
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas Finally, don’t forget to keep your home safe and secure by locking your doors! In the hustle and bustle, we sometimes forget the basics. Keep your doors locked when you aren’t home (and maybe when you are!) so you can protect what is valuable to you.
From our Morton Construction family to yours, we hope you have a blessed and beautiful Christmas. May you know the love that comes from Jesus Christ!
(Article provided courtesy of Good Housekeeping and Morton Construction.)